Sunday 16 May 2010

No Time to Stop

Weeks turn into Days, days turn into hours and hours turn into seconds, congratulations I am now term the older generation. We had a booking for a special birthday party one of the guest who I know well mentioned that he could see the cycle of life unfolding in front of him. I know exactly what he means. I sometimes wonder about diners that have not book tables in the restaurant and then have a moan about the time it takes to prepare food we are not BIG MAC or Dominoes Pizza all food is prepared and cooked in the kitchen with a few loyal staff. So if you know anyone with cooking skills that wants a job get them to give me ring. As we are all getting older and it seem slower to boot. Saturday night one of our diners said, "Quiet night tonight," not so was our reply. They were just one of 180 or so diners that we catered for on the night. Sunday Carvery was a breeze have you ever tried it? We serve in our Hayloft Restaurant on the 1st floor in the Old part of the Hotel, we do have a lift if required. We have been trying out a few lunch time specials which have been very popular, the 8oz Aberdeen Angus Burgers have now all gone, I might be able to find a few more. Ducketts are now well under way with the fitting of the new Windows and Cladding to the Superior Block. All I need now is a painter to give the job a final shine. I must take the dogs out for a walk see you all soon..

No comments:

Post a Comment